Happy Africa Day, Mother Africa
• Mother Africa, today is a day for you to celebrate your success and wisdom
• You have gone through many ups and downs for you to be where you are today!
• Colonial masters came and plundered most of your resources, but you are still surviving with your rich and fertile resources!
• For ages, your sons, daughters and grandchildren have been affected by famine, war, poverty and diseases, but you never gave up on them!
• Thank you for producing the world’s best leaders, whose example has shaped and will continue shaping the future of your children and grandchildren!
• Your good nature and character has produced leaders like Mohandas Gandhi, Jomo Kenyatta, Kwame Nkuruma, Anwar-Al-Sadat, Nkosi Albert Luthuli, Nelson Mandela, Imam Abdallah Haron and so many others, leaders the whole world has learnt much from!
• Mother Africa, as you celebrate your day “Africa Day”, you should know that you have made and will always make us proud.
• What a gift and a blessing, with all mothers in the world, for us to have you as our mother?
• What shall we reward you in order for you to know that we are proud of you and will always cherish your motherhood?
• What have we done well to deserve all the happiness, joy and love we receive from you Mother Africa?
• As I write this poem for you Mother Africa, you should always remember that despite the wars, hunger, corruption, poverty and many other challenges we as your children are still facing, we are so proud that you have always provided us a home to come back to, a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to all our sorrows. And that, we shall cherish as long as we live.
• Mother Africa, thank you for always being a home for all!!!
• Happy Africa Day Mother Africa!!!
By Wagogo Ramadhan